To keep you updated and make sure all our clients stay informed during this changing landscape, please see our latest update.Learn More
These are very stressful times for us all. In these times of social distancing, our beloved pets even more important. This message provides information on how you can best care for your pet and what steps we are taking to protect you, your pet and our team.
At this time we are open and plan to remain open to see your pet. At the same time we are working on alternative care options to enable social distancing without compromising the quality of care. We will keep you posted on our progress. In the meantime, below is important information for you and your pet.
- No, we expect to be open the same hours and available by phone, email, Facebook and Instagram
- If you have not already, download our App – ellicottvets – in the app store. For over a year now clients are requesting appointments, med refills, prescription pet foods, messaging us, and asking questions. Make sure you turn your notifications on so you do not miss information from us about your pet. And our App can save you money!!
- Like us on Facebook and Instagram because that is one way we keep you posted on what is happening here beyond seeing cute puppies and kittens.
What steps is Ellicott Street Animal Hospital taking to protect our clients, patients and team members?
- We are following the CDC recommendations and have increased the frequency and strengthened the protocol to help ensure both our clients and team members are kept safe.
- In a hospital setting handwashing and good hygiene has always been critical in keeping the spread of germs to a minimum. We cannot stress enough how this can help as a frontline defense. We provide hand sanitizer in our lobby, all exam rooms and in strategic places for our staff and clients to use. In addition there are handwashing facilities in all of our restrooms.
- We are always thankful for the wonderful gifts our clients bestow upon us. During this time we respectfully ask you to refrain from bringing or sending us food.
- Our preferred method payment at this time is by credit card whenever possible.
- If your pet’s visit is routine vaccines please contact us ahead and we can help decide if you should reschedule. When possible, have a family member or friend, who has not been exposed to the virus and is not currently sick, come in with your pet for their visit.
- If you have had exposure to others who have tested positive, have tested positive yourself, recently traveled to a high-risk country, or confirmed positive yourself, do not personally bring your pets in the hospital unless they are having a medical emergency.
- We are working on alternative ways to help pets who have immediate health issues and will prioritize these visits and help find a way to help in any way we can.
- Please call our office at 716-852-8276 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for routine care visits like annual exams, vaccines, nail trims, or any other non-urgent appointments. We will help you decide if you need to reschedule or make alternative arrangements to have a family member or friend bring your pet to the visit.
At this time we are open for routine and sick visits. When you visit please help us by following these suggestions:
- Practice social distancing while waiting in our lobby. Please keep a distance of six feet and sit on opposing benches when possible.
- Pets can carry germs on their fur. Please refrain from petting any pets that are not your own.
- Upon arrival for your appointment please stay in your car and phone our staff at 716-852-8276. If you do not have a phone please come in and check in, we will then have you return to your car. A member of the Ellicott team will call, text or come and get you when your exam room is ready.
- We request that pets are accompanied by only one human whenever possible.
- Picking up food or medications – we can take payment by phone or curbside and then deliver to your car when you arrive. During this pandemic we will be lowering our rate to mail your medication to a $5 fee.
- We encourage you to get your pets food shipped directly to your home through the vet direct program. Call us or email us and we will help you set it up.
- Please use hand sanitizer that is available in our lobby as well as every exam room. In addition the restrooms have soap and paper towels for handwashing.
Ellicott Street Animal Hospital is continuously working on ways to help give quality care to your pets and we are exploring alternatives to help those in need. Please call us if you have concerns about making your appointment and are happy to discuss different ways we can help.